Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

I cannot think of a catchy title for our blog post. I suppose welcome _______ Daddy would work. We cannot say welcome home daddy because we have no home. For a month and 1/2 Lexi and I have been traveling all over.

We drove to NJ to pack up our things to be shipped at the end of June. Did I tell you that we did the 13 hour drive up here. On the Monday before the Tuesday of the move, I was wondering why the movers hadn't called for an estimated time of arrival. Well, when I got on the phone with the people in charge of the move, they said the had no move scheduled for us. I was NOT happy! I explained that I had drive 13 hours with a one year old to be here for this move and something needed to happen please. As soon as I got off the phone, I burst into tears and called Matthew hysterically crying. NOTHING about this move as gone well or smoothly! It has been one disastrous headache after another. So I lost it.

Within an hour, the moving people at Fort Dix fixed whatever they had messed up and we were scheduled for a move on Wednesday. For the move to work out in an hour is seriously an act of GOD! So though nothing has been smooth, God has worked out everything last minute and usually better than originally planned. By the move being scheduled for Wed., I got to go to Pitman C of C and see all the ladies at Bible class. I was so grateful for that day with those girls. I really loved that church and I wish I could pack them up and take them with us. Also, because of the mess up, I was able to spend Monday afternoon with one particular mom of two twin boys who means the world to me.

Do you ever have a friend who is constantly trying to make life better for you! This mom of twins is that kind of friend. Truly, I do not understand why I have her for I certainly do not deserve her. She and her husband were there for me every time M was away. They were there for us with the complications from our last pregnancy. When we have been traveling all over, they will make a more than one hour drive (with twins) to see us if we are anywhere near close. This family is amazing! I have no idea how to show them we love them so much, and I hope that I have been at least somewhat of a friend for her!!!

Ok, so anyway we made our way to KS next for a dear friend's wedding. Oh my, her husband to be looking at Annie as she walked up the aisle is an expression I will hold in my memory for a long time. She was glowing....literally lighting up the room as she entered with her veiled face shining. So the wedding was amazing and the visit was great.

We were then able to go to Vermont with M's Godmother/Aunt. She invited us to Smuggler's Notch. If you are trying to find a place that supports family and is a fabulous place for family vacation. They have ptatoe sack races, water balloon fights with parents, Good Time Charley who leads the old fashioned camp fire, and pools galore...pools for the tiny kids to slides for the big ones. What a great week. I was even treated for a massage at the spa for my birthday and oh man, oh man!

Then yesterday we were reunited with M!!!! We will not be separated for a while!! L was so excited to see her daddy and I am thrilled. We have a going away party today for a chance to say good bye to the friends we've made and the family here in Jersey. More about that later, I just want to have fun and not say good bye right now.

Just a little about the latest goings on. Have a wonderfully wonderful day!

No comments: