Since I have been up from 2 am and it is 6 am, I thought I may as well make a post seeing that I am not going to sleep for awhile. The time change is a killer!
We have arrived. We made the 2 1/2 day journey around the world. My brother, who is stationed here, met us at the airport with baby food and diapers! He is a wonderful man! We found out that the on-base hotel was full, so we jumped right into Japanese culture and were able to stay in a hotel "out in town". Out in town refers to anything not on-base. That means with our Internet hook-up, 1/2 my screen in in Japanese. That also means that I am scared to start trying to use my Japanese already (what little I have) and mostly just smile and nod to the locals around us.
Back to our journey. On the second day of the trip, we all 3 woke up with colds that got worse as we travelled. M ended up with a fever, L snotted all over everywhere, and I couldn't stop with a runny nose and sneezing. We all were pretty yucky during the rest of the trip. Thankfully for L and M, my brother stopped at the PX (military exchange) on our first day here and got some meds for them. Thanks to keeping the health of the tiny baby growing in my uterus I will not partake of the meds and just hope the cold passes soon.
The prayers for nausea to subside while traveling were not answered the way that I had hoped. But the blessing was that each time I barfed, I was able to make it to the airplane toilet. Each time I would come out of the bathroom, the people sitting close would look at me as if I were spreading the plague. At one point a lady offered my Pepto after asking if I was still sick, I thanked her for the offer and explained I was pregnant. Her whole family sighed with relief (knowing they could "catch" what I had) and then she told me she hoped I felt better. Made me smile all the people giving me looks. But I was not about to walk around explaining that I am 8 1/2 weeks preggo and pregnancy does not agree with me. They can just give me looks and deal with it.
Our hotel is nice. Though we have jumped into island life. With a baby running around there is food all over. So the little cockroach who was so lucky to sense out the food joined us in our room yesterday morning. For those who have lived on an island, you get it. For those who have not, even at our $200/night hotel cost, we are going to have bugs. That is the way of life on a island. I am trying to do a better job of picking up L's food trail, but you know...she is one!
Another funny story, with all of my puking L had yet to hear it. M had done an excellent job of keeping L away when I would puke. Living in a hotel room while M is out picking up food, L is bound to hear me puke. So I am hurling in the toilet and L hears me. She starts crying out "Mama, mama, mama" as she runs across the room. She climbs into the bathroom still calling "mama, mama, mama". She grabs my arm and then tries to check on me by looking me in the face. But I am puking so she leans over the toilet trying to place her face between me and the toilet. While I was sick, I was also smiling inside thinking that she has no idea what she is about to get in her face if she doesn't move quickly. I was able to pull her away and onto my lap before the next episode. But it still cracks me up. She was so sweet to come check on me. I am grateful for a little girl who already has a beautiful heart!
We were able to go to a Flight Line Fair last night on one of the Camps. We got to see big planes, little planes, jets, and helicopters. Along with tons of other military equipment. We got to meet some of the guys my brother works with because EOD had a booth set up with their robots and cool things they use to blow things up. My brother has been super amazing at being willing to drive us around and help us figure out this new part of our life. We are so blessed to have him here!!! And to have him so willing to help!
Have a wonderfully wonderful day, maybe I can get a little more sleep before L wakes up for the day.

2 comments:
So glad you made it.. Hopefully, that was hardest trip of your life and now it's behind you!
I remember hugging the toilet while I was pregnant with Chloe and Emma asking if I was going to throw the baby up. I guess now the thing to do is to pray for the sickness to end at thirteen weeks like it does for some people!
Love and Blessings!
Memories of island life on Okinawa flood my mind. But, of course, I won't bore you with the details because I already have. Brenda, I am praying for God to be you strong fortress:
.
Psalms 59:16-17
"But I will sing of Your Strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my Fortress, my Refuge in times of trouble. O my Strength, I sing praise to You; You, O God, are my Fortress, my loving God."
Post a Comment