After having M home and with us for almost a month, he went back to work today. Here are the wonderful blessings we have enjoyed the last month:
Having the one other person on the planet who is 100% responsible for L around.
M would step up to take care of laundry, straightening up, and took most of the dirty diapers since they smell leads me towards gagging or worse.
M and L have SO enjoyed their time together! They reconnected and got reacquainted with one another which is priceless. M figured out her routine and her ways of communicating and L loved loving on her dada. If he is out of sight, she will shout "DADA" as loud as she can. This does not bode well for quiet Japan, so we are trying to work on whispering. But she's 1!
M was able to take L into another room or distract her when I was getting sick.
When I was tired, M would take L so I could rest.
Having M there to laugh with and joke with. To know that we could count on him! What a blessing.
We are joyful for being together again. We are joyful to find out that M won't be deployed nearly as frequently as we had first thought. And we are joyful to be moving into our apartment on Friday/Saturday if all goes well! Seven months of being homeless are enough!!!
Alright, now the blessings of the 6 months we had apart.
Living with my dad and stepmom was so good! I was able to hit Wal-mart or groceries after L went to bed. Got to go to quite a few movies after L was in bed too!
L LOVED being with her Uncle M and Auntie M. She absolutely adores them!
Got to teach Children's Church at m parents church, which helped with the teaching bug.
Got to make friends in SC -- Dana and Tara especially were friends who I have come to love!
Was able to loose some weight (though gaining it back with a baby cooking in the oven :) )
Was able to have my little sister announce to the family that Baby Jay is on the way. It was fun having a "Sister Secret"
The time with my family in SC was precious. I will always treasure that time, and when I am missing them over the next 3 years, I will get to think back to this 6 months.
We saved $$$$, which was great. So we are debt free with some savings. Thanks Dave Ramsey!
That is all for now! Can you tell I have not much to do in the hotel room with no car...the frequency of the posts will probably increase this week ;).

1 comment:
Loved hearing about your experiences lately... you've been in my thoughts a lot...
Post a Comment