Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Japan

Things I like so far about living in Japan...

Toilet seat warmers
Toilet butt spray -- you push a button and get sprayed in the butt to help clean you off
Toilet wipes -- you get a piece of toilet paper, place it under the sanitizer sprayer, and then wipe the seat
(Can you tell I spend lots of time over the toilet, throwing up and pregnant peeing)

Noodle restaurants

Pocky and other pretzel/chocolate snacks

The friendliness of the people, especially when you try to use Japanese. They seem to LOVE when we try to speak their language

Performing arts seems to be a HUGE thing in Japan. It seems everywhere we go we see people performing -- and they are very talented

Fireworks -- of the 10 nights we have been here, we have seen 3 firework shows from our hotel room

Things I find funny about living in Japan...

People on the street wear surgical masks -- all the time. I don't like it because I can't hear what people are saying to me. My brother tells me I wouldn't be able to hear the Japanese w/ or w/o the mask because they are taught to talk so quietly

The blind people side walks -- are there really so many blind people in Japan that every sidewalk needs a bumpy path down the middle to help the blind people walk? I think this is cool, I just didn't realize there would be so many blind people

The Japanese girls giggling when L waves at them -- L waves at EVERYONE! and the local girls think this is hilarious

Hope you enjoy.

No comments: