Matthew goes in for surgery on Monday. Matthew did an excellent job at making sure his foot was VERY broken. It will be an in and out procedure in only 1/2 a day. Lexi and I will be waiting at the hospital just hanging out to be there after he comes out of recovery. I have a superstition that my step-mom agrees to; if you discuss the worst case, then the worst case will not happen. Matthew thinks I am silly for thinking this way, but you do what you have to. So here is the worst case...
Matthew has a reaction to the medicine. He is unable to wake up and ends up dying. I have to call family to tell them that Matthew is dead and then plan a funeral while taking care of his daughter left behind from this terrible situation. I have to raise her making sure that she knows her daddy loved her and adored her while not holding a dead man over her whom she doesn't remember knowing. Balance between holding his memory for her and letting go since he is gone.
Ladies from Transformed moms, this is where my anxiety really comes into play and I am not so great at keeping it in check.
Alright, now that is out there, all will be fine. Matthew will be home for 4 to 8 weeks depending on recovery and what the Dr says. He is pretty out of it because of the meds. So please say a prayer for me to be patient with him. I don't understand! Anytime I have something medically going on (having a baby) Matthew is patient and does whatever I need. When he is injured, I get very impatient and just want him to act normal. So please pray that I will SERVE him and make his life better by serving him while he is down. My priority is to make him as happy and as comfortable as possible. He is in pain or very out of it (medicine head) so pray that the pain passes quickly and that he doesn't have to go to rehab when his foot is healed because of the very good meds he is on. :).
One huge blessing, his work is leaving him alone. They are making sure that he has the time to recover.
Another big life thing going on, Brian, one of my brothers is on his way to the sand box in about week and 1/2. He has volunteered and is very excited about serving his country. We are going to send him cards and boxes to keep him excited. He is going to be with he Army National Guard. He is a good man who wants to serve his country while taking care of the bad guys! He needs prayers for honor, strength and courage. He will be over there for just under one year. We love him and hope that this mission goes well for him!

3 comments:
We'll be praying for your family!!
Lately, I've been struggling with similar thoughts of Brad. It makes me sad to think of it. My prayer is that God gives me the peace that passes all understanding. And to be ready when it does happen....because we were made to die .... to be with the Father! So as my mind begins to "wonder", I've prayed for peace and readyness.
I pray that was helpful and I'll be praying for you!
V
v-
from some of your facebook status--brad works crazy and unpredictable hours as well. it looks like it is just you and the kids much of the time. how do you do it?
you are so right, we are made to die. dying is the ultimate blessing from living. i wonder if sometimes it (husband dying) frightens me so much because i am so not as independent as i once was. no job or career, no income, and reliant on matthew. now that you have helped me to identify this, i can give it to god and trust that He will of course provide. thanks v!
Brenda, I go through the same thoughts that you do. Chuck's job as a boat captain is very dangerous. I often think "what if he died and I was left to raise four boys." Sometimes I go through the whole senario in my head. I think I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst case. I hate to be caught off guard. I don't know how I could ever think death wouldn't catch me off guard. I would like to think I wouldn't be bitter or angry about it either. I don't think I wouldn't be faithful to God, but I'm sure I would complain a lot. I agree with V- about the peace that passes all understanding. I pray God will supply me plenty. I know sometimes there are gifts in the worst of situations.
Thanks for trusting us with your beautiful daughter in the nursery on Sunday. She's so adorable! What a blessing she is.
Post a Comment