Matthew had surgery today and he did not die (see last post). He is alive and feeling it very much. The nurse at the hospital today said that the dr. was stingy with the meds as Matthew woke up from being knocked out. He woke up with a 9 on the pain scale of 1 - 10. So it took a while to get the pain under control which meant that his pulse and blood pressure were up. But after some time in recovery, he was good to go. As far as surgery, it was a success! He has a plate and some screws. He will be on bed rest for a minimum of one month. We (Lexi and I) continue to be glad that he is at home. He however, might become bored soon.
Thank you for you prayers! One very cool story about the prayers which were offered up today. Matthew had to be at the hospital at 8:15. They started him on fluids and I got hang with him until they wheeled him up for surgery. I was nervous about the day and just kept praying. As they wheeled Matthew away I was finally at peace about the surgery and was totally calm from then on out. We got home at about 4 pm. I looked at my phone and I had a missed call and voice mail from a gal at church (B.P.) Don't want to use her name just in case she would prefer not to be listed on the web. She was leaving a message to let us know she was thinking of us and then she prayed into the phone. Her prayer was for M's surgery, that he wouldn't have too much pain and that I would have peace. Do you know that at about the time she was praying into my voice mail was about the time that I finally had peace about this surgery. Did that give you goose bumps or as they say in Hawai'i - chicken skin? So God was definitely present in that hospital today thanks to all of you who prayed and trusted. Thank you for you prayers and thank you for your calls.
Matthew is on his way to running marathons again with this short interruption in our plans.
NJ moms who read this...do you know someone I could have come over to watch Lexi so I could get some housework done? Of course I would pay the person, but I just don't know who is available during the day. I just need some focused time to catch up on housework from the last week and 1/2.
Have a wonderfully wonderful day!

1 comment:
Matthew and Brenda,
We are so sorry that we were not able to be with you physically yesterday. Praise GOD for BP's timing...actually, GOD's timing...because BP is a good listener. At this point I can't come to help with Lexi but I'll put the word out there. Our family is praying for all 3 of you!
Post a Comment