Dear Brenda,
Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted into Liberty University's Master of Education program.
So I am officially starting another degree. I took one class towards a Master's back in 2007. I loved learning and taking the class but learned several things...
I didn't want to work that hard at that time to finish a degree.
I prefer a Christian education experience.
Getting knocked up put a kink in my plan.
Being a military spouse I don't live in one place long enough to attend a brick school.
So here we are several years, several moves, and several kids later. About a month ago I was talking with the CO's wife and she is attending Liberty online which has a 1/2 off automatic discount for military spouses. That peeked my interest. Then I realized Liberty had the degree I want and is a Christian school (might be a bit too conservative for me, but way better than banging my head against a brick wall with way out-there liberals ;) So it seems the time has come for me to go back to school. Besides, what time is better to jump into a degree than when the hubby is gone. Gotta keep busy right?
I am actually terrified of back to teaching full-time because I have been at home for almost 6 years. Between the possibility of working 12 hours a week at a preschool this next fall and working towards a Master's in Early Childhood it seems the stars have aligned for me to begin some new career challenges.
Looking at the course descriptions gets me a bit nervous. Am I ready? Deadlines won't wait if I have puking children? Will the kids feel neglected if I am focusing on getting a project done? Will I be able to provide for the kids the way they need? WIll the snuggles be fewer and farther between? Is this going to work for my family? I think God has set in place for this all to work, I just hope I am getting the right message from Him and not making up my own signals.
| ||
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Am I crazy?
This morning when I woke up I had this email.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You certainly can do it - puke and all!
Congratulations! You can do it!
Post a Comment