The churches I have gone to since graduating high school sing newer contemporary songs. Do you ever miss the old hymns? I have been! Since having kids, I would love to be at a church that at least occasionally sang all the old hymns. I want my kids to have that same feeling of comfort I have when hearing the old music. What is you favorite old hymn? Mine is
Sing and Be Happy (at least I think that is the name) and the one that starts with "There is beyond the azure blue..."
I would love to hear your favorite to bring up fond memories!
3 comments:
A few that I love:
Great is Thy Faithfulness
Holy, Holy, Holy
O Worship the King
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Doxology
Higher Ground
Count Your Blessings
I love them! I miss being at home where that's all we sing.
When All of God's Singers Get Home
Precious Lord, Take My Hand
A Beautiful Life
I'll Fly Away
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
I really like "when peace like a river" I can't remember the actual name but I always love singing it.
Post a Comment