Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Early Intervention -- Again

Here we go again. Almost one year exactly.  Today the boys had their 15 month check up (month and 1/2 late with mommy of the year award going to B).  The Dr. is concerned that the boys are only using about 4 words.  Connor is displaying a few more red flags so EDIS (Early Intervention) will be contacting us shortly.  We'll go through the referral and eligibility process again.  While I am certain that the boys are only delayed and will eventually catch up just as they have since they were born, if we can get services, we will use them.  Being twin, males, preemies,  and an older sister who speaks A LOT well; these are many of the factors we consider when deciding if a child truly has a disability or just somewhat delayed.  We'll keep you updated.  Neither M or I are too concerned and are looking forward to the day very soon when 3 kids are jabbering my ear off.

They both do have terrible colds with ear infections.  They are snotty nosed and just plain miserable.  So please do say a prayer that I have 110% patience with the whining, fussiness and overall unhappy boys.

L just got home from a friend's house and looked off.  She now has a 102.1 temp.  I don't want the family she was with to get sick.   Please pray for all 3 sick kids and that Mama doesn't get sick too!

Please also pray for Connor.  He is now in the 1% for weight.  We are adding some supplements to his diet to try and get some weight on him.  He is way too tiny and needs to get some meat on his bones.  Don't I wish I had that problem ;).  Thanks you all!!!!

No comments: