Today I actually knocked my head against the wall. You know when you see someone in the movies who is so desperate... bouncing their head against the wall. That was me. It has been a very frustrating couple of days. L continues to cry. She was up from 3 to 5 last night. She has got to be teething. So tylenol it is. A squirt of tylenol and she seems to scream less intensely. It is 3:30 pm and I am finally ready for a shower. She napped twice today for 5 minutes but has finally fallen asleep. Poor baby. She must be in pain and I feel so bad for her. She is so precious when she is asleep. That is my new favorite time with her. When she is finally asleep in my arms and she is at peace. I feel so bad, but don't know what else to do. She won't take cold or frozen chew things, so I keep offering her room temp. things to chew on and tylenol. Why would a parent not use any sort of medicine when that is the only thing that gives them some relief? After the tylenol she is able to calm enough to give me 1/2 smiles. So its got to be teething right? I see no teeth. I feel no teeth. But its got to be the teeth. Oh, this guessing game. Enough being on here. I've got to shower before the cranky baby awakens.
I really do love her and M says I do a good job with her. But these last fews days have been a struggle.

3 comments:
Get sleep when you can, my friend! Get sleep when you can! Sleep deprivation is the worst! It stinks that I can't rearrange my schedule to come and relieve you. Just FYI, tylenol is hard on the liver so maybe switching off between baby tylenol and something else would be good if you can.
Hang in there - fortunately God gives mothers the innate ability to somewhat forget things like that. It's how we actually can agree to/accept having more than one child.
Levi took forever to get his second round of teeth to actually pop through, but was showing signs of teething long before!
I will be praying for your sanity and rest!
My kids always have the worst teething pain 4-6 weeks before the teeth actually poke through. I hope she's feeling better soon.
Rachel
Post a Comment