I am so disappointed about the turn out of the elections. These are a few of the thoughts I have been processing over the last 12 hours.
Very excited that a black person has been elected into the President's office.
Wishes that Obama was not the man elected.
Glad that a person who has taking care of the earth on the top of his to do list.
Wishes that someone who has actually served in the military was elected during a time of war.
Concerned that $$$ for the families of the troops will decrease as they did when the last democrat was in office. Do you know many military families were on WIC while the last democrat was president?
Thankful that so many people voted and participated in the election process.
Glad to see so many people coming together to celebrate the history made in our election last night.
Wishes that a person who has actually made good on their promises had been elected. A person who has acted to make change rather than someone who just talks about change.
Glad that a person who has worked with and for the poor and will work to take care of the poor was elected.
Frustrated about the coming tax increases.
Hopes that Obama can surround himself with intelligent and WISE people in his cabinet.
Hopes that our nation will go to God. Will pray and turn to God. Hopes that our nation will bring God back into our every day lives while respecting the rights of all men who are created equal.
So thankful that Hilary Clinton is not in office!
I have read one of Obama's books and was not impressed. What has he really done?
Thrilled that little black girls across the country get to see other little black girls in the White House.
I also think that Obama has the chance to do some great things if he follows the will of the people...not the will of high up Democrats.
Thinks that Obama has some good ideas on funding higher education for college students.
Glad that Obama has priorities on Early Education. This is a way to make the future better for all people...provide Early Education for children who are the future.
Hopes that Obama uses many of McCain's ideas to make this country better.
Will pray for the potential unity our country can experience.
Will pray for our President Elect.
Hopes that good things will come for our country.
Wishes people realized that the economic problems we are experiencing date back to changes Clinton make in office.
I am thankful to live in a free country.
I am thankful that if Obama does not live up to what he has promised, we can vote him out!

2 comments:
I love this post. You've expressed so many things I've felt in this electorial process.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love that you pointed out positives and negatives. I don't see life as one giant positive, as some. I also don't see it as a giant negative, as some. I'm a realist, that's why your post really spoke to me. It's real, about real feelings, and real content.
The disappointment is tough to swallow. I join you in your prayers.
Great, great post. Truly sums up my heart too!
Post a Comment