On Sunday we actually made it to church, though I am now certain that for the next 6 months I will not be going anywhere that requires me to wear makeup. The boys were sitting on the floor next to me screaming the whole time I was attempting to apply makeup. So, no makeup Sundays it will be from now on.
We even made it to the 9:30 service which is a feat when M is home, let alone while he is gone! We then had lunch at Subway and shopped for a few grocery items. I felt successful when we got into the car and everyone was still smiling! Leading me to the conclusion that we seemed to have hit our groove.
The boys no longer wake up at all times of the night which they did the first week and 1/2. No one is currently sick (knock on wood) and I get 10 hours a week to myself! I think the kids have adjusted to having daddy gone. This was proven by L getting a sad pitiful face, sniffing twice and announcing that she was, "sad daddy was gone and therefore needed some TV." I knew she was definitely adjusted when she was attempting to
Now that I have the logistics down of doing this on my own, we should fly from here on out right?
Well, maybe we will make it after all. Maybe not with flying colors or it may not be a piece of cake. But we can do this!!!
I truly appreciate every note, card, comment and word of encouragement! Thank you for sending special little gifts and sweet books to read. Thank you especially for your prayers!!!

2 comments:
It's been awhile since Steve and I there on that day of "the first birth" in April of 2008. Prayers will continue for you and your precious family! Sending much love your way dear friend! GIGATTAATTGIG
No makeup on Sundays sounds like a great plan! :) You are doing an awesome job, mommy!
Post a Comment