This deployment is not going to be my favorite time in life, I can see that already. Last week 3 of the 4 of us were knocked out with a stomach bug. Then L had a trip to the ER for a UTI. Today I threw my back out and on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most pailful) it was an 8 at the time of the injury. M has not had an easy time either. His paperwork has been delayed and messed up causing more stress for him. His computer died and he had to buy a new one and several of his other electronics died as well.
So to remember that all is not hard, here are a few blessings...
When M and I married he had several preferences; but with him gone I get to use my old detergent and eat the frozen pizza I used until 8 years ago. I haven't "sacrificed" my preferences, they just weren't big deals to give up. Now I get to enjoy a few of the simple things like my favorite frozen pizza.
I am getting to watch lots of episodes of Bones. I really like that show.
Friends are cooking for us several times per week which is AWESOME!
M has gotten to run into several friends at his current location which has been good for him.
He and my brother are hanging out together so that's fun.
Asking for help is no longer an issue for me. Which would I rather have -- mommy stressed out because I want to do everything on my own, or a little embarrassment at having to ask for help. I will pass on the extra stress.
So since this has been a hard ten days already, I had to stop and count my blessings.
Please pray for us!

No comments:
Post a Comment