If you know me even a little bit, you know that I am very expressive...joy and anger. Happiness and sadness. Excitement and frustration. So please don't laugh when you read the next part...or at least don't let me hear you laughing.
Have you seen the movie CARS? You know, Lightening McQueen and all that? In the 3 years that I have had children, I had yet to actually sit down and watch the movie. The other night I specifically sat down and watched the movie with L. (I am usually trying to get something done while she watches a movie). So I sit and watch the ending with her for the first time.
Holy smokes I did not see this coming. I started crying when McQueen pushed the old race car across the finish line. I know I know. But I am, at my heart, a special education teacher -- so anything remotely resembling helping the underdog gets me going. I did realize then though how much this week has meant to me. This week M finally gets to his destination and the clock starts ticking. I think the kids' movie just triggered the tears.
You see, when I saw that scene in the movie, it made me think of the next time I know I my heart will be joyful -- which is when my arms are around my husband's neck again. So then I was really crying thinking of how happy I'll be when he comes home! How do you explain tears of joy to a 3-year old? She started getting upset and I tried to explain that I was crying out of joy. When I think of daddy coming home I am just overwhelmed with love, joy, excitement...she didn't get it. After a couple of minutes she was distracted by the movie and let it go.
Though it has been fun to talk with her about what we will do when daddy gets home. We'll make posters, have balloons, streamers and jump up and down. We can stay excited because we know how wonderful it will be to have the man of the house, the daddy, the husband, the lover, the best friend, the rock of this home back with us. We love you M! You mean the world to the 4 of us! Let the countdown begin!
Just in case you are as unobservant as I am, M's address is posted to the right. Please don't send chocolate (it melts and he doesn't like it anyway).
A few of the things he likes:
Swedish fish
Sour Patch kids
Red licorice
Cool Ranch Doritoes
Combos
Beef Jerkey
Desk Games -- desk football, desk bowling, you know dollar store junk
Ritz crackers
Cheezits
Chocolate chip cookies
Brownies
Military books to read
Historical fiction and non-fiction
Movies
Pictures of close friends and family
Runner and Mac magazines
AAFES Gift Cards (can get online for military stores) Its where we do most of our shopping
when overseas
Hope this helps give you ideas on how to encourage and support M if you feel so inclined.
Here's to the countdown beginning!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment