I no longer HATE my life! I am so excited to come to this point! We have survived almost a year of 3 kids in two years, 3 kids 2 and under or a toddler and twins. However you phrase it, we have made it!
The trip back to the states was quite a lifesaver! The boys are on schedule, the kids lay down at the same time in the afternoon! All of our schedules are matching up!! It is just beyond thrilling to come to this point where we are no longer surviving from day to day. I am appreciative of our close friends who have twins (we stayed with them while in the States) who helped us figure out the twin thing better! The trip was so so refreshing as well. My friend prayed before we left that I would feel refreshed and that prayer was exactly answered! My other good friend flew back with us and it was so wonderful to share our home and a little of our Okinawa experience with her. (Though while she was here we ate fast food about 6 times in a week because all 3 kids were puking and we had little time to go out or cook).
I am grateful to so many friends and family who have supported us over the last year! Without you, we would have drowned in our herd of children. We had family who spent vacation time and $$$ to come help! We had people who sent encouraging notes (yes Mrs. Keesee, that's you, all of you notes are still up in my kitchen). Our local friends have taken care of us spiritually and in every other way!
Another milestone we have crossed -- I was able to sort through the pictures of when the boys were first born. Up until recently I couldn't even look at the pictures. But after our trip to the States; where the boys have met many more of our family members, I went through the pictures. I sorted all of their first "born pictures" and slid them into a photo album to keep out forever. I didn't cry or struggle looking through the pics. Just looked at them and got them organized. For whatever reason, I wasn't able to sort through until now. I am excited that the boys have met many of our friends and family. I am also excited for them to meet those of you whom they have not met yet!
These little boys are amazing! Some "day they were born" pics and some pics from recently...
Caleb the day he was born
Connor just after being resuscitated
Caleb beginning to struggle breathing -- just having been cleaned up a little
One other event, my brother's time in Oki has come to an end. He is now stationed back in the States. We miss him terribly. L frequently walks around the house on her phone for up to 20 min. at a time talking to Uncle BaBa. We adore him and are so grateful for his help.
I suppose the only other thing to write about is the latest skills the kids have acquired -- all but grandmas feel free to stop reading now -- this is just mostly to keep grandmas in the loop as to what the kids are up to.
L -
She sits and reads books a lot
she loves craft projects especially painting
she talks all the time about the world round her
she is curious about everything and the "but why" & "how" questions have started
she is back in school and loving it. yesterday I heard her counting in a mix of English, Japanese, and Spanish (thank you Dora)
she LOVES her babies -- talking care of them, feeding them, putting them to bed and comforting them
she enjoys watching my reaction when she tortures her brothers (and sometimes calls it torture, I may need to rephrase how I address that one)
she enjoys basketball, soccer, going for walks and is excited about the possibility of gymnastics
she enjoys her piano she got for Christmas.
likes to help cook dinner
she still ADORES Shrek and anything Shrek
she constantly talks about her birthday and she can tell you her Bday in on April 7.
she wants a cake for her birthday that she can smash with her fist just like Shrek did in the Shrek 4ever After.
Connor -
low-crawls while holding onto as many of his favorite toys as possible
cruises along furniture when motivated
we think he says "dada"
has the best laugh and giggle (reminds me of my brother Brian)
LOVES balls and cars
very independent soul not wanting to slow down for anyone
has one tooth
Caleb -
low crawls/all four crawling
we think says "mama"
is a mama's boy through and through (i suspect he would be the one living in my basement until he's 35 except mama kicks kids out at 18!)
now smiles all the time
no longer cries all the time!!!
his favorite toys include any soft thing he can snuggle with
has 4 teeth in his little mouth
is about ready for his first haircut
OK, grandmas, you are officially updated. Anyone else, I am impressed if you kept reading. Thanks for prayers!
I am grateful to be in a place where I am enjoying my kids and can keep up with the disgusting mess they make daily!

No comments:
Post a Comment