Maybe Americans should pay a little more attention the 1% of people who actually serve in the military. You think that cuts are a good idea? There have already been cuts. Your cuts have cost us our heating. My children are cold at night because there is no money in the budget to turn the heat on. While M and I are fine with the temperatures, my babies are not.
Did you know America that people serving in the military are already paid 10% less then the civilian counterparts? People with the equivalent education, experience and certifications are paid 10% less because the person in the military felt they were called to serve something greater than themselves.
Did you know that in many areas, Marines especially, are doing their jobs without the money to fund proper training and equipment? When we first went to war the public was outraged that HumVs were not properly equipped for war and now that you aren't paying attention to the people dying anymore, you want to cut the money again.
Then there is the fact that we as military family already have socialized healthcare. Which I do not recommend for best care results by the way. My boys did not receive the Rotavirus vaccine because the military had no $$$ to get it shipped here to the island before the supply ran out. Therefore, my boys ended up with rotavirus and puked for 10 days. Connor is now in the 4th% for weight because he lost so much weight! Caleb is in the 7th% for weight. You think cutting for our healthcare is the way to go?
This type of situation makes it very hard to continue being a happy military family when the public is so clueless! We are fine doing what we do -- until I hear something stupid like cut military spending!
Maybe America, you should be a little more specific in where you cut. Like get people off of welfare who are using the system. Maybe cut travel $$ for Congressmen. Maybe be more specific about cutting funding for several projects which are not working out for the military.
I do have to admit that the people who read this are probably already going above and beyond to support our Military families -- that's you Pitman. But you probably get what I am talking about.
OK -- shameless plug. Coupons. Not sure if I explained last time that we can't really get coupons over here. No Sunday morning paper and most coupon websites don't send to military addresses. So, if you have coupons, we will gladly take them and pass them out around here. Thank you!!!!

2 comments:
Hi Brenda!
Can you send me directions on how to mail coupons to you? I can even ask at work to see if anyone could save what they don't need. I would love to help if I can.
Love & Prayers!
Kristi
Brenda,
I have a bunch of coupons that I haven't had time to go through. Maybe we could meet sometime this week or next and I can give them to you. I know you have my email address, so let me know.
- Mikayla Uphoff
Post a Comment