Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Smiles and Coos





Our life is so blessed. We are in such a good place thanks to God's love for us! We are enjoying our little girl. She lights up our home with her smiles and "talking" to us. I think she might be a kid who talks A LOT when she gets older. Where in the world would that trait come from??? Also, I am pleasantly surprised at this full-time mom/housewife thing. I LOVE IT! ME, a person who didn't even want kids until a couple of years ago! ME who only wanted ever to teach and couldn't even think about serving and being "submissive" to a man! Wow, how God can bless and change a person's heart. God has gifted me with a husband whom I can hardly wait each day to see and serve. When Matthew calls and needs something, I have the greatest pleasure out of doing as he asks! Will this last? I hope so. I hope this isn't just because it is new and different. I do know I get bored in a job after about 2 years, so we shall see. In the meantime, I LOVE THIS JOB. Even when it pays in smiles and coos. Especially when it pays in smiles and coos.

We have also been blessed with the gift of being able to afford one income. 2 and 1/2 years ago we decided to pay off our debt. God provided amazing ways to make that happen! With no car payment, no credit card payment, and no student loans it is amazing what you can afford. Thank you God for this blessing.

Do you feel closest to God when you are feeling blessed and provided for? That is when I most frequently turn to God. He is so good. To quote Steve Sikes, the preacher guy at our church, "God is good all the time, all the time God is good!"

No comments: