Ugh! Computers frustrate me! While they are useful, I have so much trouble figuring them out. I have several more friends' blogs that I wanted to add, but the computer won't let me add anymore links to my blog. I just wish I naturally understood computers the way my smart husband does. I wouldn't even have a computer if it weren't for him. Okay, enough griping.
This weekend was so nice! Matthew got home from work at about 3 pm on Saturday and had most of the day on Sunday off. It is so nice to get the extra time together! I was very thankful that we had Saturday afternoon and evening. Even though we both took naps, it was nice to have him in the house.
Another random thought, so many friends have been calling and emailing...Gina, Katy, Leah, family, and ladies from church, who have all been so reassuring about giving birth. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I am still a little scared, but it helps to know these are completely normal feelings and that you all shared the emotional part of having a baby and said of course it hurts, but you make it through! There will be a beautiful baby in the end who I will cherish and love! I know it's going to be hard work, but I also know I get to do the parenting thing my way. Katy and I talked about this. For several years I watched parents parenting in ways I couldn't even imagine. Now I get to, with God's grace and support, be a parent the way I think is best for Lexi. Our goal is to raise a God loving, functional, contributing citizen. I feel so many parents set out to parent but don't even think about what their ultimate goal in parenting is. They just go day to day not thinking about the long-term consequences of their parenting choices. Of course, these "bright" ideas of mine may all for out the window in a couple of weeks when I am actually parenting 24/7 on little sleep.
Have a wonderfully, wonderful day!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment