DO NOT EVER COMMENT ON THE SIZE OF A WOMAN WHEN SHE IS EXPECTING!!!! I am so tired of some form of the following conversation:
"Wow, You are big. How much longer?"
I fill in blank with weeks left.
"Oh, you are big!" with a shocked expression on the face.
I smile and nod.
"Are you having twins?"
"No, I am not. Just one girl."
"Well, you are big."
Smile and walk away trying not to scream that fact that I've been having the conversation with people for over 3 months!!!!!!
So when you see a pregnant woman, no mater how large she is, include one of the following phrases in your conversation...
you are so beautiful
i hope things go well
god bless you and the baby
you are so beautiful
you are so cute
what a wonderful experience
or, keep your mouth closed.
Have a wonderfully wonderful day!

3 comments:
LOL. I could not agree more!!! When I was 7 months pregnant I would always here, "Oh my gosh, you're about to pop!" And I'd say, "No... still have 2 or so months to go." The reply, "So you're having twins!?!?" And I'd say, "No...one. I'm just huge. Thanks for noticing."
What's funny is a lot of times this convo happened with women who have had babies! My goodness they should know better!!!
BTW, you are beautiful.
You are a trooper for staying so positive through all of the ups and downs of pregnancy - just a few weeks to go! You'll be in my prayers.
Julie
PS I totally agree with you - and know several other women who do as well.
i know lyndsay, how is it that women who have had babies think its ok to make those comments??!?!?! I would think they of all people would understand!
Post a Comment