Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Double Walkers

I have a silly little song that goes something like this:

"Double the love, double the joy
Double the smiles and double the trouble.
Double the love and double the giggles.
Double, double, double, double double the love"

It's a goofy song I made up and sing to the boys.  Well, now we double walkers.  The boys hardly crawl anymore at all.  They are walking and toddling all over the place.  We still use the stroller to get in and out of the apartment building since the boys are easily distracted when left to their own devices.

Things have been very very busy here lately.  The kids all got lice (mama included).  We are so good at sharing!  So it was several weeks of looking through L's hair several times per day.  You know Caleb was shaved bald and about 25 loads of laundry later we are clear.  That is not an insect I would wish on someone I dislike.  I would wish it on my worst enemy, but only the worst.

L, daddy and I did Easter eggs while the boys napped.  Lots of fun decorating!

Of course we are also getting daddy ready to go.  He has been working many hours --- at work by 4 am every day this week!  His time is very precious so we have been attempting to get in as much family time as possible. M has been so great at putting in long and sometimes stressful days and then coming home and making sure to give our family focused attention.  He doesn't have much to spare by the time his head hits the pillow.  But we certainly appreciate him making sure we have lots of good memories before he goes.

The boys are talking lots...mama, dada, ball, and so on.  They love being tortured playing with big sister.  She gives them many hours of smiles while she dances around.  She can be very entertaining and she LOVES an audience so this works out well for all 3 kids.

L has been having a rough time with the idea of daddy going.  She keeps trying to figure out when he is going, if mommy is going, how long he'll be gone, and what are we doing while daddy is gone.  She has had quite a few accidents and crying.  So please pray that as head into our time without daddy, that I have patience for her and for her to have peace of mind and heart.  One week ago she spent 6 hours crying and screaming because she was so frustrated.  After some chatting with family members we figured out some better ways to support her.  She has been even keel (sp) since.  Though I know tough days will come for both of us.

Our plan to thrive while daddy is away includes:

We do have a 180 constructions paper link chain all over the living room.  Each night we will rip one link off of the chain.

We have a Daddy wall where the chain starts.  A map is up with a picture of daddy taped to where he will be with a clock set to his time zone.  On the wall I am hanging up all of the encouraging cards we get (thank you Sharon for sending the first card) around the map.  My house is starting to look like a preschool classroom with the chain and L's Mother's Day art work up also, but what can I do.  This is who I am!

Each kid has a "Daddy Doll."  It has a full picture of M on the pillow with a voice recorder of daddy talking to them.

Daddy has read into the Hallmark recordable books so the kids will get to hear him lots.

Anytime we get sad about daddy being away, we shout "MUSIC!", turn the music on very loudly, and then dance around the house.  All 3 kids seem to really enjoy this one.

Mommy and L are planning to get pedicures once per month together to celebrate our time together.

A few pic to share with you...


Totally random pic of Connor.  He and his brother like to pick up a phone or remote and "call daddy."



I am sure you can figure out this is L and I coloring the Easter eggs.  After days upon days of quizzing asking her what Easter is about, she finally answers with "When Jesus died."  
So maybe we are getting through? 



Never mind the white trash bra straps sticking out -- I always try to look my worst when I know we are doing a "photo worthy" activity.  Not sure how I plan that out, but you know...I have twins...which is my answer for anything unimpressive about my appearance ;).  


She is a little expressive.  Think she gets that from M?




 Finished project.



Alright, my kids have been watching Little Einstiens while I tip this out, so time to be a mama again.

No comments: