Do you ever have people in your life who support you day in and day out? The people who are there for every up and down looking out for the best for you? I am so grateful for my parents. All 3 (Mom, Step-mom and Dad) have sent us countless packages --- stuff we can't order for ourselves because the company doesn't ship to FPO. They send us cards and pictures. They talk on the phone with us to keep us up to date on the family goings on. They are our very own personal shoppers -- every week we think of something that we can't get over here that we need/want. While we don't have any of the physical closeness that many families get to experience, we do have heart closeness. I am so grateful to my 3 parents who have contributed to who I am today. They adore my kids and you know how priceless it can be to have grandparents!
I love that my mom and step-mom get along so well. They have made such huge efforts to make sure that the kids are taken care of. My mom has never said a bad word about my step-mother! My step-mother always includes my mom (did you get you mom a mother's day gift? your mom's bday is coming up) you know, those reminders to make sure all of our mothers are taken care of! I am so blessed to have a blended family that works so well!
This last week we have gotten bday packages for the boys and Vday gifts for L. Yesterday we got a HUGE box of hand-me-downs that my dad/stepmom passed along! I am so grateful to not have to buy many clothing items for the boys at all! Over here the clothes on base are actually quite expensive and the clearance rack only rarely has a few items that still expensive at the clearance rate. I am so grateful to have such amazing parents!
Others who are awesome -- Grandma Yo Yo and Grandpa Shish who are always asking for what the kids need and how they can generously help and who get on the webcam whenever we call just to talk to L for about 30 seconds, and you have patience to get the webcam up only to talk for 30 sec to L. Aunt Jeanne -- sending us things we can't get, shopping for us for things we need and I appreciate the frequent phone calls! GrandmaChelle and Grandpa Gerry who send generous holiday gifts to also get things we need for the kids and who get on the webcam (when they remember)!
Thank you for helping us out when we live so far away from everyone! The great part is we always have amazing places to choose from for visiting!
We are so grateful for all the packages we get from all of our close friends and family! You all are awesome! It will be boring to go back to getting mail in the States without the excitement of packages! Your support and love are so welcome; we are truly blessed because you are so wonderful!

No comments:
Post a Comment