First off, thank you, thank you thank you for your prayers! The last 6 nights have been full of sleep! I am so grateful that God would take time to answer a tiny little prayer about sleeping!
Next, I am so grateful to my neighbor A, who has been cleaning my bathrooms and last week the whole house! She has been such a servant with this wide-load who has trouble standing or bending over.
Third, I have to tell you that I am a stay-at-home-mom who is willing to ask for help. And I have a husband who is willing to support that asking for help! We are getting a Mama-san!!! I think I spelled that correctly. You see, help here in Japan is ridiculously cheap. For 4 hours a week, we can have a woman come who will clean the whole house for only $68. I find that a huge bargain. That is $17 an hour! With my ability to move, bend over, sit on the floor or stand for any length of time quickly becoming non-existent, we are getting help. I am so grateful to be able to say "I need help" and for M to say "I agree" and for God to provide the resources to take care of this request! We also recognize that my gift in life might be working with children, but it is definitely NOT laundry and dishes. I hate doing them, I hate looking at them and therefore they are done when I get up the gumption to just finally get the job done. So now we will have someone helping us along. We also agree that after the boys are born (AHHHHHH, twin boys!!!!) cleaning will not be a priority. Taking care of L, and the boys will be our focus and sleeping when they sleep. So I am grateful to be living in a place where we can hire trusted helpers to do just that...help us over the next several months.
You know you are pregnant with twins when:
* People ask you if you are due any day and you are only 5 1/2 months pregnant.
* All pregnant women have to roll out of bed, not usually until the end of the pregnancy. With twins, that starts in the 4th month.
* When people look at your stomach first, ask a due date and and then get wide-eyed when you tell them it is still 4 months away.
* You find yourself out of breath walking to answer the front door
These are just a few of the twins pregnancy funnies. Not that much different from a singleton pregnancy, just happens a whole heck of a lot earlier in the pregnancy.

No comments:
Post a Comment