Oh man, oh man! Today a crew from Okinawa Good Housekeeping came to do the initial cleaning. what can I say but amazing, awesome, glorious! The company sent three cleaners to do the first time cleaning and I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I think because my house will be in regular order, I will be a better mother. I am much more patient and joyful with L when the house is in better shape. I was telling my friend A this (the friend who had been doing my bathrooms and last week did everything) but I don't think she really appreciates how grateful I am to have support. And life really is so much better for L because I am better.
So any house cleaner out there--you make so much more of a difference for families than I think you can even know. My quality of life is greatly improved! Thank you helpers for helping the families who need you!
I was thinking about hiring help! At first I was ashamed that I needed or wanted help. Then embarrassed. Then acceptance. You know, back 100 years ago most moms were stay-at-home-moms and most moms had at least one full-time helper. Then along came minimum wage and that was the slow down of in-the-home helpers. For most of human existance moms had their family in the same village, then moms could hire someone to replace the family support for living far away. Now moms are to do it all on their own -- no wonder post-partum is rearing its ugly head more frequently.
I am not depressed, just tired from being pregnant with twins and doing life with a one year old. I am so grateful for the help we have now coming one per week! I am grateful for the support and love our news friends and church have provided. I am hoping to start giving some back since we have found a church home.
Some praises:
I am still sleeping better
L has been a JOY to be with the last couple of weeks. We went through some rough spots, so I am super thankful that the last couple of weeks have been so pleasant.
M is loving his job! He is in charge of a platoon and he is really enjoying taking care of Marines.
Okinawa Good Housekeeping
3 healthy children so far!
We are still liking living in Okinawa. The food is so yummy! The culture we are adjusting to.
Our new church is pretty cool
Hope you have joyful things going on in your life right now!

1 comment:
Brenda,
Thank you for posting this! I remember the variety of household help we had when living in Okinawa. The last year we lived there, we had a young woman, Kioko, who lived with us and shared my room. She was responsible for all the cooking and cleaning. Needless to say, we had A LOT of fried rice.
Bask in your blessings! So thankful you've found a church home.
Love you bunches!
Because of Jesus, we are family!
Post a Comment