This twins thing is killing me. I am so tired! For moms who have been pregnant with twins were you extremely tired during the pregnancy? The whole pregnancy or just until a certain point?
Few updates:
Matthew is out in the field for about 10 more days. We love him and miss him. L keeps asking for him so we talk about how he is at work. To fill in until Dada comes home, we are kissing pics of dada and saying good night to those photos.
The two babies growing in the uterus seem to be doing well. I saw them on a sonogram last week and the Dr. days all looks well. We go in Nov. 4 for the anatomy super duper sonogram so maybe we will get to see what boy or girl parts are in there. This will be fun cause Matthew was gone when we had L's anatomy scan. Will be nice to have him in the room with us rather than on the phone!
L is doing well. She has cut one tooth and 3 more are on their way in bringing us to a total of 12 toofers in the mouth. She is communicating up a storm! She has a very strong will, but is easy most of the time. When the will shows its ugly little head, there is no stopping her. She likes to kiss my belly. We are working with her on "how many babies are in there" and her holding up 2 fingers. She will show you that she is 1 when asked her age by holding up one finger. All of her hair now fits into pig tails which is super cute. She adores her uncle Brandon who we get to see about twice per week. She calls him "BaBa" and will run to him with open arms and the biggest smile when he shows up.
L is working on potty training. Every time mama goes pee-pee L sits on her potty. She lets us know when she has pooped by telling us "Butt." And she pees on her potty every couple of times when she sits without a diaper. I hope we can get potty trained before the bundles arrive!
We love living in Japan. My favorite part!?!?! It is cold in Jersey and not at all here. It is cold in KS and not here. I am enjoying that we still wear flip-flops and shorts. Though yesterday it was cool enough in the evening that I turned off the AC and opened the screen door. We haven't gotten out to see much but have tried a few food places. I love tepenyaki (sp). Where they cook it in front of you. A friend showed me the restaurant and I have gone back 4 times since. When I find food that stays down and tasted good, I stick to it.
Few observations about living in Japan:
**I think it's interesting that the many to most of the advertisements that the Okinawans use have Caucasians as opposed to Japanese or even Asian people in them
**I have been told , after expressing my surprise at the ugliness of the buildings, that it is Typhoon season. That is why everything looks as if it needs to be painted. They nationals won't paint because it could just get torn up by a Typhoon. Come Dec. the buildings will all be worked on again. This makes sense to me.
**Socialized medicine (and other Gov.-run programs) result in astronomical taxes and not any better care. Maybe everyone gets covered, but the quality of care drops significantly.
**Living in Japan is not too different than living in Hawaii as far as culture and interactions with the locals.

2 comments:
Sorry to say, but I was pretty much always exhausted being pregnant w/ twins. Hang in there!
dana,
at least i know what to expect now. i just kept thinking something was wrong. now i know, not wrong but just a busy body making babies.
Post a Comment