Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Double Trouble

I was apparently correct to be nervous about yesterday's sonogram. On the drive to the Dr. I was telling M, I hope they are not going to tell us TWINS! I have known in my heart from the beginning that it would be twins. But to have it confirmed was WOW! The Dr. was looking and looking at the sonogram screen and being very quiet. Then he looked at me and said, "I have news, its twins." My first response was, "That's going to be a lot of work." Then I said "Crap." Not the most motherly response! M, however, was smiling from ear to ear and immediately was on cloud 9.

M and I have had several conversations about twins because I had suspected. I told the Dr. that I thought we would find out there were 2 little beanie babies, and the Dr. said mothers usually know. Weird.

For the rest of Tuesday I was overwhelmed and trying to figure out how I was going take care of twins and an almost 2 year old. However, when we were able to FINALLY start making phone calls (the time difference is a killer) I started getting really excited. We are going to be able to do this! We can make this happen.

I had said I wanted 3 but I hate being pregnant so now we get to have 3 kids without ever being pregnant again! So Double Trouble here we come! I am going to enjoy the next 5 months with only my Lou Lou and hope that she gets as much as possible from our time with just us. Then we will jump in to a life with 3!!!

This does move my delivery date. We were originally due March 30, but because of twins the Dr. talked about taking the babies earlier. So lots of prayers please for continued health of babies, health of mama and that delivery will go well. Pray L will take well to having 2 babies invade her space and pray we are given the strength to do this!

No comments: