Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

Bye Bye hot mama

So right around L's first birthday I announced I had been on a mission to become a hot mama. I was no longer the mama of a tiny baby and could take a little time to do my hair, pick out nice clothes and had lost some wight. Well, that hot mama has gone out the window. In July we found out we were expecting little bundle number 2. Those of you who know me, know that our first pregnancy was difficult. Difficult due to complications and and all-day sickness for the entire pregnancy. Upon finding out that number 2 is coming, I was hopeful that this pregnancy would go better. I hoped and hoped and hoped.

That hoping and lots of praying has lead to a less nauseous pregnancy. I am not sure if I know how to manage better or got the anti-nausea medicine sooner or the prayers of all who know us, but it has been better. While I still have gotten sick and am nauseous a lot, it is still better than it was with L. So that was an improvement.

Also, since last time the Dr.s were all nervous and I think they created more complications than we really had, I have been very hesitant to even go to the Dr. Plus with a move around the world, it was difficult to get to a Dr. I have been to the Dr. to confirm the pregnancy and for my first appointment with the nurse to get blood work, paperwork and all the first appt. stuff done. But I have yet to see an actual Dr. And I have had no complications so far! While I appreciate having healthcare and recognize that professionals who really do want to take care of me and the baby, I have appreciated not having nervous Dr.s who want test after test done involved. Anyway, that was a side track.

The point is, we are complication free so far and sickness is better. However, I have still been nauseous with lots of throwing up. So caring about how I look when I haven't even been up to showering for the day is low on the list. My hair is getting little longer and without thinking I went right back to pony-tailing it. It would have been nice to keep looking like a hot mama, but pregnancy just sucks that right out of me. So I am giving my self from now until the new baby is a year old to look like the dumpy mom I prefer to and feel more comfortable with. When this next baby is one, the hot mama is coming back. Until then, we are in survival mode. Though I have had several days of feeling really good, so maybe I will be feeling completely better soon. Plus on Mon. I get a script refill, so I am excited about that!

Bye Bye Hot mama for now. Will see you again in the future!

2 comments:

suburban hippie mama said...

Haven't you heard? The exhausted, no make-up, throw up in your hair (yours or baby's) stretched out tummy is in! We're still HOT MAMMA!!

Hang in there girl! xoxo ~d

Brenda Collins said...

thanks dans. its nice to have friends who crack me up.