So I have been reflecting on Labor and Delivery. Yes, millions of women have done it, yes millions of women have done it well. However, that is less and less of a comfort as I come near the time that I have to deliver. I know that many families would give anything to be able to experience this, but I am getting scared. Lexi is already above average for weight and that freaks me out a little more. She has to come out!!!! I don't know who even reads this blog, but I don't want to freak you out. I am just having a few moments of nervousness about bringing this little girl into the world.
I have several friends who are all natural! I don't think that is me. I ran the idea by Matthew and he actually laughed at the thought of me trying all natural. Not that he wouldn't support me %100, but the reality is I am wimpy and DON'T like pain. People say you can't remember pain...that is hogwash. I can remember pain! If the car gets scratched, I say "ouch" because to me I feel pain. I can remember all the times I have been in major pain (spinal tap was the worse) and it hurt!!!!!! So I am praying that I will be able to have an epidural.
I also have a friend (Whitney) who is amazingly strong. She watched her daughter in a mirror coming out. She talks about labor so calmly like it was no big deal. She said, yes it did hurt, "but you forget it." So many people say you forget the pain when you see the baby. If you forget the pain why do I hear so many stories about the pain?? I was the at the hospital several hours after my sister was born and my parents were pale and overwhelmed by their awful birthing experience. I clearly remember how awful it was! But too late now, I am knocked up and she has to come out. I really am so thrilled to meet my daughter who has been growing all this time. I know delivery will happen, I am just having a scared moment.

2 comments:
Okay, I remember the pain! I just don't resent or regret it. From one wimp to another - you will be amazed at the strength that will come to you.
Thanks Leah for the words! Resenting or regretting, that will not happen because you get to hold the baby in the end right? I can imagine that once I meet her all will be okay, right again??
Post a Comment