months that is. Why is it that 4 and 1/2 sounds so much shorter than 5 months away? For whatever the reason (probably cause no one is currently sick) I am feeling good about life today.
L woke me up the other morning with a smile. She told me that she had slept wonderfully because of her dreams. She was dreaming of when daddy gets home! That was a beautiful way to greet the day!
The next morning I awoke to giggles. Beastie was giving L her kisses and she was giggling from the joy of her kitty kisses. I am so blessed to have 3 amazing kiddos!
Not too much is going on here. With the web page being updated frequently, I don't have much to tell you on here. I am just grateful for my husband who chose me! I am grateful for my kids and the whole rest of our family. I am grateful for friends and that our apartment didn't flood very much during the typhoon. Don't get me wrong though...there are tough days.
One day in particular a couple of weeks ago I was giving the kids baths (which are far and few between because have you ever bathed 3 kids by yourself?) So I decided to condense and give all the kids a bath at the same time. HUGE mistake. By the end Caleb had cracked chunks out of his two front teeth and was screaming bloody murder at the same moment in which L got soap in her eyes and proceeded to scream bloody murder. Then Connor chose that moment to flip one wash cloth in each hand as fast as he could flinging water ALL over me, his siblings and the bathroom. I yelled, "This is why there are supposed to be two parents!" as I attempted to comfort Caleb, look for his teeth pieces and wash L's eyes out who also needed comforting. This is not for the faint of heart!
I am so blessed with the kids God has blessed us with and I am humbled by the fact that M chose me to be the one who he put faith for his family in. Not the spiritual faith, but faith that I can keep the home going, the kids happy and take care of him anyway in which he needs from afar. I love you M!
I know my mother thinks I am insane to have brought a cat into our home...and she is probably not the only one. Did I really need another creature to clean up after? How much puke and poop do I really want to be spend my time cleaning up? However, if you were here and had seen the response of the kids to the cat in the last week, you would know instantly why the kids needed a cat! First, this is the best cat we could have ever prayed for! He is sweet and gentle! He doesn't tear up furniture. He only meows when one of the kids gets too close (and by too close, I mean twice I have gotten up to respond to the pitiful meowing and Caleb is sitting on top of the cat smiling). He has not once pulled out his claws, scratched a kid, hissed or been mean! I am spending 90% of my time trying to protect the cat from the kids, but he is so gentle. L has been so sweet and gentle since the cat came home. She is more respectful and tries to protect the cat as much as a 3 year old can. Connor babbles all day now, mostly about the cat. He smiles and loves interacting with Beastie. If someone new comes into the house, he is fine interacting with the new person because they can play with the cat together. Caleb loves to "tell" me stories about the cat. He is constantly gesturing towards the cat and talking up a storm. He tells me all about what the cat is doing. This was the best decision for the kids!!! Hopefully the cat likes us as much as we love him. I suspect he does because I went to bed last night and while checking on L, the cat was curled right against her fast asleep. I think Beastie's foster mama made a purfect match. (Sorry, couldn't resist.).
Time to sing off as Beastie is trying to help me type.

No comments:
Post a Comment