Before
After


We have been busy upgrading our home. When we moved in I was over the toilet puking multiple time per day; that does not leave much time or energy for painting. Now that I am no longer being poisoned by pregnancy, I have been working. We had M's mother and step-father here for an entire month!!! They were able to take L out for the day or hold C & C so that we could paint and garden. Here are a few photos from our home...


After
We have been busy upgrading our home. When we moved in I was over the toilet puking multiple time per day; that does not leave much time or energy for painting. Now that I am no longer being poisoned by pregnancy, I have been working. We had M's mother and step-father here for an entire month!!! They were able to take L out for the day or hold C & C so that we could paint and garden. Here are a few photos from our home...
Before
After
Before

After

We are so grateful for the help that we had during the last month and 1/2. We would not have been a very successful family of multiples with a toddler had we not had support. We are so thankful that the boys are coming right along. Though we did have an ER visit for Connor this past weekend.
Connor started only nursing for about a minute or 2 on Saturday afternoon. Sat. night he started throwing up and didn't keep any of his feedings down along with arching his back and screaming out right before he would throw up. (you may be thinking acid reflux...I know what that looks like and it doesn't happen for 5 hours one night). I called the Dr. and we headed to the ER to get things checked out. Connor had to go back in Sunday morning to have follow up, but he was just fine. The X-ray and check-up showed nothing wrong. With L, this kind of stuff happened a couple of times and I never worried. With C & C I am much more of a nervous mother since they were peemies and so sick at the beginning. They are so much more susceptible to illness because they were early and we have no room to spare. They are tiny for 2 and 1/2 month old babies (ok weight for their adjusted age) and they cannot afford to loose any weight. So the Dr.s said he was clear. By Sunday night Connor was back to normal with eating and sleeping. So sleepless weekend for Mama and Dada but all are well.
Two days on my own with my 3 kiddos and all is going well so far. The true test will be this Thursday through next Thursday. M will be out in the field on an exercise and I will be home alone. I am disappointed that M will be gone on Mother's day, but I'll get over it. One of my fabulous friends has already offered to go out to eat with us on Sunday!
L is growing up! She has long hair and talks up a storm. She has over 150 words and that number grows each day. She is using consistent 2-word phrases with 3-words thrown in there. She and I fairly regularly put on loud music and dance around the house. I think this is our favorite special time together; we laugh a lot! She is trying her hardest to "help" with the babies. Those of you who have had multiple children know how it goes. I am convinced that it will be a HUGE miracle if C & C make it to their first birthday. We may have to follow in the tradition of the Hawaiians and and have a huge babys' first Luau to celebrate actually surviving the first year.

4 comments:
Way to go, Mom! Nice job surviving, redecorating and even writing about it. I miss you terribly and have decided to put everything in one package (yes, including your birthday gift). Congrats on starting the countdown. Your package will be in the mail shortly. Love you tons!j
So glad you are posting again...I know you are a busy lady!! You're doing a great job Mommy! xoxo
You have been busy! I can't believe you've been redecorating with 3 little ones - supermom!! Looks great. Glad Conner is okay after your scare and hope you're surviving this week without M...
Brenda, I'm so glad you had the time to "nest"!!! Everytime I think of Wayne and Darlene Baker, that's a word that they used :0)
.
Okay! Steve said it was time to change the pic of you on my blog. I just loved the pregger pic, but he is right. So I did!
.
Sure love you! Hang in there sister!
Post a Comment