So now that L is turning 1 in just 6 more days, I am no longer going to look like a fat dumpy mom with an infant. That time in my life has passed so we are moving on.
I have been working to loose wight and have pulled off 13 pounds. I have 13 more to go and we are getting strict now! M's sister is getting married in just over 2 months, so this frumpy mom will not be dumpy for the wedding. Thank you to God who has helped me curb my cravings and thank you to Wii Fit who has motivated me in dropping those pounds.
I went shopping! You see, when I call to tell my husband that I bought new clothes, he responds with "Where did you go?" And he is not referring to me going to a too expensive store. He is referring to when I used to buy all my clothes off of the Sears clearance rack. (I LOVE to save $$$.) I had this addiction to looking like a frumpy mom even way before I was a mom. So when I say "Express, New York and Co. or Ann Taylor" he is a happy man. What would you give for a man like that? I do admit that I am still addicted to looking frumpy (that is naturally me and naturally comfortable) but we are making progress.
I got a new doo. I know that I look best with short hair, but when I had a newborn, the last thing I wanted to do was my hair. So I grew it out and put it in a pony tail or sloppy bun every single day. That is easy to do when a baby is crying. Well, now L is about to be one, so since she can crawl around at my feet or play with toys in the tub while I do my hair (my new SC friend had this suggestion, tried it today and it was fabulous) I have found time to actually do my hair. So it is chopped short with highlights and it is cute! Oh, when I told M that I got my hair done, his response was "You didn't go to Super Cuts did you? You went to a real place right?" And yes, I have been known to go to Super Cuts to save some bucks.
Eyebrows waxed. I feel so much better when my eye brows are done. But it is soo painful to tweese and I don't like to spend $$$. So I mostly do nothing. But yesterday I thought "What would Matthew do?" He would tell me to get my eye brows done if I wanted to...so I did!
So thank you God for providing $$$ to help me fix myself up and thank you God for providing a husband who says "Do whatever makes you happy." Thanks to R.S. and R.C. for helping with fashion.
I really wish that What not to Wear would come and help me, but maybe I will get this figured out. So here is to moving on and enjoying being and active, fit and hot mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment