So I am beginning to feel that we have traded one set of struggles for another. However, I do not want to complain about how God has completely answered our prayers and completely is taking care of us! We are so thrilled with life over the last several weeks and so grateful to God! Matthew's birthday was this past week and when asked what he wanted, he said nothing. He was so happy with life, that there was nothing that could add to his joy! How great is that??!!?? Have you ever been so thrilled and so blessed that there was nothing you wanted?
We are truly excited about Matthew's promotion and the opportunities that are now before him in his career. We are more than ecstatic in the fact that he will no longer be recruiting. For me, the reality of what this means has started to set in. Matthew will be gone for a minimum of 6 months. So aside from having to struggle for money (which is a huge issue) single mom anyone? I am a bit overwhelmed by the thought of taking care of L for 6 months on my own. However, God has already started preparing me for this one. While Matthew was at home for 6 weeks with the broken foot, i had to be the sole caregiver. So I already have a taste of it and it is not awful. Just a little tiring.
God is already providing for this time without Matthew as well. We have the option to move back to Central Jersey, yes where we just moved her from in January. We would be near lots of family and our very very good friends Tom and Rebecca who have 2 boys 3 and 1/2 weeks younger than L. We could also save 500 bucks a month by going up there. If we stay in South Jersey, we have one of the most amazing church families you could ever desire! Love...they have it! Grace...they have it! Support...they have it! Servants....they are! So we would be just fine here too! We could be here and give back to our wonderful church family. God has also provided 3 homes for L and I to stay in while we visit Matthew in Quantico. Friends we've made over the seasons of our lives are living in the DC/Quantico area. They have all offered a room and they live right by where Matthew will be training. So how else could we be more blessed while having Matthew away for 6 months? Thank you God for your guidance and thank you for your blessings! Thank you for helping me adjust to the big changes we are about to experience!
THe next big thing I think about is our next duty station. We are very excited about the possibility of moving to Japan. Then I think of the moving...the flight with a baby to Japan, not having my household stuff for several months, living so far away, etc. But I think I will leave this one to God as well and get through the next 9 months first! You see, there are already blessings about moving to Japan. My brother will be stationed there as of Nov. 2 so we would be there together, we would be closer to Matthew's mom who lives in Australia, and the weather is so much warmer there than Jersey! So should I be overwhelmed by the changes or list the blessings. I think I will continue to list the blessings!

3 comments:
Brenda,
I am so thankful that GOD saw fit to put you in South Jersey at this time in your lives. You, Matt, and Lexi are such a blessing to us! Thank you for being the real deal! You BLESS me much more than you know.
Love, Patti
Praying for your many decisions and months away from each other!
Brenda,
Don't worry about the package, it's really not a big deal - sounds like you've been really busy lately and might be even busier in the future being single mom for 6 months! If you have time to get around to it, the razor was a Gillete Venus - and of course I would love any/all Beth Moore books you can send. The receiving of the package is just as much fun as what's in it.
Thanks for thinking of me - that means more than anything!
Post a Comment