Quick run through---
in August we drove to KS to visit family/friends
kids got to meet my mom's mom for the first time!
L girl started Kindergarten
Boys started preschool
Mommy started volunteering in L's class and subbing at the boys' school
Mommy got the "teach in the classroom" bug by being in the classrooms
Uncle Baba returned from deployment!
Went to SC for Thanksgiving and my brother's 7th birthday
Daddy returned from deployment!!!
After the deployment I mentioned to daddy that I was done staying home…one more day with a whiney 3 year old boy and I might loose my mind. We decided I would look into getting my portfolio ready and see what possibilities were out there.
A position opened at L's school!
Mommy decided not to pursue the teaching job since it was a mid-year take over
School suggested I fill out the application
Mommy couldn't resist and filled out the application
After 6 years away from teaching other peoples' kids, I get to go back to the classroom!!!!
Christmas -- my mom was with us for Christmas week and it was WONDERFUL!!!
Jan. 10 I'm back to work!
So many people want to stay home with their kids…SAHM, homeschool, classroom mom, volunteer…etc.; 6 years apparently is my limit. While I LOVED volunteering, I started wishing for my own classroom that much more. I think because we don't have a deployment currently scheduled I was ready to start the process of looking for a job. Then this job opens at the school where the kids are/will be going…how could I pass up the opportunity. I am so thankful to have this position opening up! When the school chatted with me about the job they certainly did not have to twist my arm too much. Plus other peoples' kids listen to me way more than my own do ;). This is not a funny joke either…mine are almost perfectly behaved everywhere but my own home so I am told by others. While we had planned on me staying home 'til the boys were in Kindergarten (year and 1/2 away) when a spot opens at the school you know you want long-term, how can you pass on it? Maybe this will be the school I finally get to have tenure?!?! Because we have moved so frequently since we married, I've never been able to earn tenure. Now I'm hoping we get to stay here for a good long while and teach away at this school!
I told M that while I love our kids and I know it was best for us for me to stay home, I have felt like a caged lion for the last 6 years. I feel like I have found my Africa again (he suggested the zebra in the movie Madagascar is how I'm feeling) and will blossom in our new situation. I, of course, am concerned about the transition for our family. How do moms cook, clean, grocery shop, extra curricular activities, church, and on and on? Advice/suggestions for those of you who are working and being a mom are great! Will my house stay cleaner since there are no boys destroying the house all day????
I have planned meals, written everything on the wall calendar and my personal calendar. I have groceries planned and this week I'm trying to get the house completely in order. That way we can at least start the New Year and the new job on a clean fresh state. Since we just cleaned the house for M's homecoming and my mom's visit I'm hoping a solid day of work on the house will catch us up. M is taking over the food shopping and he has already helped out by doing all the dishes and laundry the last 2 weeks! We also have a retired teacher who will be watching the boys and who is willing to take the boys to their current preschool! That is such an amazing answer to a prayer. I know God's hand has been in every moment of this big change. He has guided and directed. We just need to keep going to Him and relying on Him. The first day the boys are sick and I can't stay with them I know will break my heart. However, my gift and calling has always been for teaching in the classroom. That is my passion and love in life. God, Matthew, kids, teaching…those are the greatest blessings in my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment