Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Military

♥ You don't have to be crazy to love someone in the military, you just have to be prepared for him to eat his dinner at unusual times, be there one minute and gone the next, to trust him with all your heart, to be proud of his commitment and to know that above all else, he loves you everyday. Repost if you are lucky enough to be a military wife!! ♥




Just saw this post today on a friend's FB status.  This is so true.  When married to a Military person (Marine in my case) you don't get the luxury of knowing when or even where your husband might need to be at a moments notice.  When I was deciding if I could do the Marine Corps. wife thing, I knew there would be deployments.  I decided I could handle deployments.  I did not realize that Marines consistently work long hours and weekend hours.  They stand duty fairly frequently for 24 hour periods.  I did not realize that taking care of other Marines (and many hours away from home) is a huge part of why M wanted to be a Warrant Officer.  I did not realize that there are frequent exercises which pull M away for weeks at a time.  I did not realize that along with protecting America from foreigners who are trying to kill us they are also the first responders in any humanitarian situation around the Globe.  I did not realize that even if they are not in the middle of the humanitarian effort, they are providing Headquarters and support services that make the humanitarian effort possible.  


I am so proud of my Marine and all that he sacrifices for our Nation!  I am proud to be a military wife who is loved by a Marine in the United States Marine Corps.  I am proud to be a military family.  I am proud that the hero in my children's lives gets to be their daddy!   We love our Marine!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks, Matthew! And thanks Brenda for standing with him, and supporting him so selflessly! You are all appreciated!