If you could name one things about me, what would it be?
That I feel free to speak up.
That I love working with kids?
Maybe that I HATE the cold? Ding, ding ding!
This year I am particularly grateful to have moved off of the entire Continental United States of America. You guys have had it cold! I don't know how NJ (where we were last stationed) is dealing with the 28+ inches of snow in some places. Today is another day in Paradise. We are in the upper 70's with shining sun. So those of you who are grateful to our family for severing in the military, you are welcome. :) I wouldn't have it any other way. This weather is amazing. And it's February 11!
Now for the real update -- Babys' update!
Connor is weighing about 4 lbs, 12 oz
Caleb is weighing about 5 lbs and 1/2 pounds
Have you done that math on that one? I am a woman carrying more than 10 pounds of baby with 6 & 1/2 weeks left until my due date! Can you say you have carried around that much baby? I think I get the "real woman for March" award!
Each boy is estimated to put on about 1 1/2 more pounds and then they will be delivering. Which brings us to our next update.
We will probably be delivering around March 10 as long as I don't go into labor earlier. Next week I should have a better date, as in I see my OB/GYN and his schedule book. We are no longer scheduled to have any more big, super, duper sonograms because we are so close to delivery! Yeah for passing a milestone.
While the Dr. was looking in there today, I asked if the boys are still boys. Yep, they are definitely still boys. I could see the parts that make them boys, even with my untrained eye.
I do have gestational diabetes. So I have to start pricking my finger and monitoring my blood sugar. I have to watch my diet and need to try and get some exercise in. With M coming home soon, maybe I will have some time to go to the outdoor heated pool up and Camp Hansan and do some moving around. A pool would be a place I would feel "not pregnant" so I am going to look into this.
Speaking of M, he was supposed to be coming home on Friday. His flight was cancelled and it looks like he'll be home on Sunday. We are disappointed, but at least he will get one full day of rest in the hotel before coming home to the very long list of things I am hoping he is willing to do as we make the last little preparations for the babies. Maybe this was God's way of giving M a break before he comes home and jumps into a crazy couple of months.
This post would not be complete without letting you know again how wonderful my friends here are! For the last several weeks, a lot of us have husbands away. So we have been trading off having dinner at one another homes'. It has been great. Then today my friend, J, watched L while I had the loooong Dr. appt. My neighbor friend, E, came over too and between them both, they did my laundry, dishes, put toys away, and took all the trashes out. How can it be that so many wonderful people are in my life all the time. I am such a blessed person!
Ok, this mama has one baby girl awake and over 10 lbs of baby to feed an afternoon snack. This real woman is signing off.
Have a wonderfully wonderful day!
B
You know that mama or not, preggo or not, wife or not; I believe all women are real women. I am just finding a fun way to celebrate carrying so much baby. Carrying over 13 pounds of baby by the time this is all said and done is definitely a feet. (sp?)

3 comments:
have you seen the tshirt that says..."I grow humans, what's your superpower?"
and btw, i am TOTALLY jealous of your nice weather! hope you can enjoy a pool soon! xoxo
Love you Brenda. I am so glad you love where you live. I am sorry about the GD. Jen had that too. I am jealous that you get 3 kids with only 2 pregnancies though. It will be over soon. I am sure you look beautiful. All pregnant mama's look beautiful. I am glad your boys are bigger right now. Sebastien was 5lbs 11 oz at full term and he was so so tiny. To have twin at their size is GREAT! I miss you and wish I was there with you right now. I love you. Happy Valentines Day on Sunday. Glad M is coming home then. xoxo
MJ
Brenda,
The snow is still deep on the ground in South Jersey. Yes! You are in a lovely place.
I'm doing a twin countdown on my blog... of course, your day is a little ahead of us... just know we're lovin' and prayin' you through this!!!!
Gigi Patti
Post a Comment