A few more pictures. On Christmas Eve Santa was brought to our housing area by firetruck. Since L kept saying "Ho, ho, ho" and signing all done, (little scared of Santa) we skipped going downstairs to see him. She was perfectly content to watch from our 6th floor balcony. One of the pics is at the table in the chow hall with dada and Uncle Baba (Brandon, my brother).
Today L was not feeling her best. Runny nose, horse voice, you know - a kid cold. She was a little irritating to both M and I so I asked L if we could sell her to the gypsies. She said, "No, Baba." I guess when Uncle Brandon gets back from his one month trip, she is going to live with him :) We both cracked up and fell in love with her all over again!
Hope you enjoy the pics...obviously trying to do catch up.
Soon to come are pics of the boys' room. We started painting today and it is looking cute! We have moved L into her new room and she is adjusting. After we finish the boys' room, we will be doing L's room too. We have her big girl bed all set up and are doing some playtime in there, but no sleeping yet. We will want her in the big girl bed in the next 6 months, but no rush. She has enough to deal with when adding in two newborns in the next 7 to 8 weeks.
Speaking of newborns. I get to a point where I am excited about having Caleb and Connor. Then, honestly, the next moment I am freaking out. Not looking for advice here, but just being honest. I think most of my struggle is not knowing what our lives are going to look like. I know what it is like to add one baby to the mix and I have a pretty good idea of what it would have looked to add a second baby to the mix. But 2 newborns at once is scary. Again -- no advice at this moment please - having pregnant moment and just venting. We are grateful for my mom who is coming for 2 weeks right when the boys are born and grateful to M's mom and step-dad who are coming for almost a month to help. Did I mention that M's step-father is a chef --- yeah us!!! So I keep telling myself and M keeps telling me it will be okay. Maybe once these pregnancy hormones are out of my system and I am holding the two bundles in my arms all will be well with the world!!!!
I haven't posted for family far away the new things L is doing for quite awhile so here goes:
Multiple two word phrases.
Trying to tell us stories.
Sitting and reading her books.
Jabbering (with lots of new sounds showing up in the jabber) as she plays.
She is probably up to about 70-80 words, but I am trying not to be obsessive and have stopped writing down each word.
Pretend playing with her dolls, toys and us.
She LOVES "Melmo" or Elmo as we know him.
She pees in the potty every couple of times when sitting on it. Has started to tell me when she is wet and tells me when she has pooped.
She is sensitive in that if you get hurt, she is there comforting you.
She is making friends. She LOVES to play with our 5 year old neighbor. This little girl is amazing with L! We are grateful L's first friend is so kind and sweet with L.
L likes to help with chores -- sweeping, putting dishes away, dusting.
If you have an itch, she likes to help you scratch it (can't figure out why).
She will say two and eight when counting objects.
She will answer "2" when asked how many babies we are having. She know the babies are in mommy's tummy. When we get new baby stuff, she points to it and says "baby" because that stuff is for the babies.
She loves to eat from shop sticks. And she especially enjoys Japanese noodles.
She will now tell you "No" if she doesn't like or want to do something.
She tries to care for kids who are younger than her and is very concerned if their mama isn't helping as quickly as she thinks the mama should.
Those are the newest things I can think of. Probably missing some because I have pregnancy brain times two, but you get the idea that she is doing well and growing up.
Have a wonderfully wonderful day!

No comments:
Post a Comment