We are living in SC now. After a very crazy month and 1/2, we are here and getting settled. You would be amazed at how well things have gone and how supportive people have been. Lets start with our trip to KS in Dec.
My mom was amazing. She had everything we could need for a baby. She was doting on her baby grandaughter and I even got to go out with my friends Pam and Annie (bestest friends from college). And I got to go to a movie by myself. Mom was such a joy to be with and we had a great visit. While in KS, we visited our Missouri family. They were incredible too. My step-grandparents made our lives easy. They drove us around and hung out with the kids. L got to meet Aunt Brenda and her crew. L got to meet great-grandma and other relatives. L got to meet adopted Aunt Pam and Aunt Annie. So we were thrilled with our trip and so blessed!
Then we went home for a day and flew to Bermuda. A wonderful friend of my in-laws had a place for us to stay. My MIL had toys, car seat, pack & play and a few more extras all set up for us. She made that trip easy as well. Matthew and I got some time alone and some time with other grown ups! We rode horses on the beach, had some rum swizzles, and spent lots of time with the whole Bermuda family.
Then we came home to finish packing our house. Matthew left on the 22nd and I was alone with the infant who pooped on the only sheet for my bed, threw up on the only sheet for her bed and was all around crying and fussing. That experience affirmed that we made the right decision to move to SC to get help!
L and I drove to Quantico on Friday Jan. 30 after checking out of the apartment...pause. The friends we had from Piutman Church of Christ were amazing beyond words. They helped clean up, straighten up and babysit while I closed out the apartment. Then several of us went to lunch right before L and I hit the road. It was hard to say goodbye.
Pitman. Our family and our marriage are stronger because of your support during the last year. You have met every need we had while experiencing life on recruiting duty with a newborn. Though this time has been the hardest in our marriage, we never waivered because God was with us. God was with us through you. Thank you and I don't know if you truly know how grateful we are for you. I will leave my thanks at this since I am not a writer. Know we love you and God blessed us because of you. We hope that we can pass the blessings onto the people we meet from here on out.
The mom with the twins...you know who you are...I will miss you so much! You have been a literal God-send since we were living in NJ. You and your husband took me in during all the time Matthew was away. You loved on me and have guidied me in having a better Christian life. Thank you! I love you and will see you soon. This is a practise good bye since we haven't had a real one, that might be too hard. July will be when my heart breaks for leaving you.
We saw Matthew become a Warrant Officer on Monday. Tears poured down my face...not so much for the promotion as that we were off of recruiting. I do not wish that job on anyone! So Matthew is in training for his dream job and we give God glory every day for the change in our lives from recruiting.
We pulled into SC last night and I felt a wave of relief and exhaustion set in. I am so happy to be here with my little brother and sister. I am so glad to be here where I have support in the house from my dad and R. And I get lots of time with them and get to help out with my brother and sister! I praise God for the blessings we have and the travel and experiences of the last month!
Oh...we have official word we go to Japan next! So we open a new chapter to the book we are writing and look forward with excitement. We will be stationed on the same base as my brother so the blessing of having family around will continue!
Off to unpack. If you are reading this, you have become a friend and I thank you for you love and prayers. We are joyful to close the door on this past year (can you tell recruiting was hard and we are glad to be out) yet mourn the changes in the relationships of the friends and family we have become close to while living in NJ.
By the way...NJ family (twins' family included)...I refuse to really say good bye since we will be back several times before we leave the country.
Here we go!
Check pictures of our travels on our pic website. The link is on the side. L on the beach are the best pictures. Maybe a future model?

2 comments:
I've been praying for you with all the transitions and am glad you are settled for a few months and excited about your future in Japan - and how great to be able to be with your brother! Blessings.
Brenda, you are a writer! How eloquently you wrote these words of thankgiving and tribute. God has a specal hope and future planned for you, Matthew, and Lexi. May He be glorified in all you do! GIGATTAATTGIG!
Post a Comment